- Real Estate Transactions and Litigation
- Complex Commercial Litigation
- Consumer Litigation
- Class Actions
James A. Staack, Esq.
Jim is licensed in and for the State of Florida and has practiced in Pinellas County since 1980. In addition to all Florida State courts, he is admitted to practice in all Federal Districts of Florida and in the Federal 11th Circuit Court of Appeals. Jim has been certified by the Florida Bar Board as a Real Estate Specialist since 1991 and is Martindale Hubble AV rated by his peers. He is also a Florida licensed real estate broker.
Jim is the founder of the firm and has an extensive background in real estate transactional and litigation work. He handles large commercial real estate transactions, mobile home park conversions, condominium and timeshare terminations and loan workouts. He focuses on complex commercial and consumer litigation and class actions. He serves resorts and associations throughout the State as a timeshare non-judicial foreclosure trustee.
He is fluent in German and is a member of the German-American Lawyers Association (DAJV). Jim is the former president of the Pinellas County Deaf Services Center and the Hearing Connection of Tampa Bay. He also has served on the board of directors of the Tampa Bay Symphony, Inc. and the American Stage Company. He has lived in Pinellas County with his wife, Eva, for the past 45 years and is happy to be able to spend time with his children and grandchildren, all of whom live close by. Jim is a graduate of Davenport, Iowa West High. He attended Macalester College in St. Paul, Minnesota, where he, along with the rest of his 1965 swimming team, has been inducted into the Macalester Athletic Hall of Fame. He has a BFA degree from New York University’s School of the Arts (Washington Square Campus) and a Juris Doctor from Stetson Law School in Pinellas County.
- Florida, 1980
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida
- German-American Lawyers Association (DAJV), Member
- Stetson University College of Law, St. Petersburg, Florida
- Juris Doctor
- New York University’s School of the Arts, New York, New York
- Macalester College, St. Paul, Minnesota
Macalester Athletic Hall of Fame
- Martindale Hubble AV rated by peers
- Former President of the Pinellas County Deaf Services Center
- Former President of the Hearing Connection of Tampa Bay
- Former President and Board member of the American Stage Company
- Board of Directors of the Tampa Bay Symphony, Inc.
- Real Estate Specialist, Florida Bar Board, since 1991